Calls of Umbria Region
PROJECT CARRIED OUT FROM 01/03/2016 TO 30/04/2017
POR FESR 2014 – 2020 – AXIS I – ACTIVITIES 1.3.1 - NOTICE IN SUPPORT OF NEW INNOVATIVE PMI – YEAR 2016
NEW GENERATION ILLUMINATING BODY, BASED ON “COB” TECHNOLOGY (CHIP ON BOARD) FOR “PUBLING LIGHTING” AND “HIGH PERFORMANCE INDUSTRIAL ILLUMINATION”
- The use and optimal exploitation of the most recent evolution of LED technology, that is the COB technology
and, more specifically, “MCOB”
- The use of innovative glass lenses (proprietary design), capable of enhancing the characteristics of the “COB” technology and, at the same time, eliminating the problems of use encountered with more traditional optics (which is one of the aspects that are delaying its widespread diffusion: a factor that for us can actually become a significant competitive advantage);
- The use of a high-performance power supply (proprietary design), capable of providing MTBF comparable to those of the LED, thereby ensuring the same reliability as the LED “at system level”, or as a lighting body as a whole (
important distinction, compared to what is offered by most of the competition, where the 100,000 hours of operation guaranteed by some manufacturers actually refer only to the LED component and not to the “system”);
- The presence of a wireless communication sub-system integrated with the power supply, which can be used both to remotely control the equipment(through integration with a specific monitoring and control platform)and to provide additional services;
- An armor that is able to combine very strong characteristics in terms of heat dissipation (
which is one of the most difficult problems to solve, in the optimal use of COBs, given their considerable sensitivity to thermal operating conditions)
An armor that is able to combine very strong characteristics in terms of heat dissipation (especially necessary for public lighting equipment).
POR FESR 2014 - 2020 - AXIS I - RESEARCH AND INNOVATION - ACTION 1.1.1 - NOTICE IN SUPPORT OF INDUSTRIAL RESEARCH AND EXPERIMENTAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS - 2018
PROJECT CARRIED OUT FROM 03/12/2018 TO 16/04/2020
LIGHTING FIXTURE FOR PUBLIC LIGHTING WITH CHARACTERISTICS OF INDIPENDENCE FROM THE NETWORK
In particular, the project intends to contribute to the development of a new family of lighting fixtures, intended for outdoor lighting (with particular reference to public lighting) with the following innovative features
- Each luminaire will be able to guarantee a useful life, without degradation of performance, of at least 12 years (against the approximately 6-8 years of maximum duration of most of the best current products on the market, moreover without any guarantee “of performance “, see note 3), thanks to a proprietary driver (with 40W power), of new conception, with operating parameters (eg:” failure “rate, lifespan, etc.) comparable, if not superior, to those of LED sources;
- Ability to adjust the luminous flux “remotely” even in the absence of the appropriate remote control module (which is still available as an option), thanks to the ability to adjust the driver parameters, including the power supply, via WiFi.
- Ability to function even in the absence of power supply, for a period sufficient to guarantee minimum performance in the event of an emergency (e.g. 1 hour) or, if equipped with appropriate support equipment, for longer periods (e.g. 6-8 hours), for particular uses (e.g .: to support the responsible bodies2, in case of disasters, etc.).
- Ability to collect and send data (eg: operating parameters, alarms relating to both the operation of the infrastructure and any other types of detection, etc.) even in the absence of a traditional telecommunications network.
CONTRIBUTION FINANCED WITH THE FUNDS REFERRED TO IN THE DEVELOPMENT AND COHESION PLAN EX FSC FSC EX DRG N. 251/2021
With Executive Resolution no. 6269 of 06/24/2021 notified by the Umbria Region, by certified e-mail (prot.n. 0133675-2021 of 07/16/2021), to the company Coblight S.r.l., the following project has been admitted as a contribution:
Since this is a new sector not only for the proposing company but for the entire market in which there are non-homogenized standards and substantially managed “in house” by producers and sellers of products that are not specific to the areas they are addressed to but “generalists “, It is emphasized that the system that we intend to design and implement at a prototype level constitutes a strong innovation not only for the company, but for the entire” lighting “sector: in this regard, as mentioned, the market currently offers products not verticalized in the cold and very cold environment.
The repercussions for the proposing subject may derive from three distinct types of return:
a) from the use of the machinery for the primary purpose of testing and verifying performance and resistance in the cold environment
b) for its contribution to the creation of specialized equipment (to open up interesting spaces towards the verticalized market of highly efficient lighting in cold environments, where, as mentioned, the market today does not present equally valid proposals);
c) from the sale, to sector operators, of the same room, in specific setups (to be specialized for the possible application contexts), downstream engineering of the prototyped machinery. In the latter area, an emerging and very promising sector was also identified in terms of possible commercial repercussions, which is the application of these technologies to the theme of well-being: in reality it is an area not very similar to the “core business” of ‘company, but that due to the characteristics of the machinery that can allow it to be dealt with (very similar to the room we are talking about) it can represent a very interesting alternative outlet, possibly to be approached (in commercial terms) together with a “sector” partner.